MAR 30, 2023
Located in Nassau County on Long Island, New Hyde Park is a charming village that is rich in history and culture. From its historic landmarks to its vibrant community, there are plenty of fun facts to discover about this small town. Here are just a few:
1. New Hyde Park is named after the Ann Hyde, who was the wife of then the Secretary of the Province of New York: George Clark.
2. In the early 19th and 18th century, New Hyde Park was primarily a farming community, known for its potato fields and apple orchards.
3. The Long Island Rail Road played a significant role in the development of New Hyde Park, with the village's first train station opening in 1871.
4. New Hyde Park is home to the Northwell Health Ice Center, a state-of-the-art ice hockey facility that serves as the training center for the New York Islanders.
5. New Hyde Park is also known for its excellent schools, including the Herricks Union Free School District, which has been recognized as one of the best school districts in the state.
Whether you're a history buff, a sports fan, or simply looking for a charming community to call home, New Hyde Park has something for everyone. With its rich history, beautiful parks, and vibrant community, it's easy to see why this small town is such a special place.
This content is meant for informational purposes only and is not intended to be construed as financial, tax, legal, or insurance advice.